DXC Technology Application Migration Developer (Remote) in Any City, Michigan
Remote Work Position
Designs, develops, installs, tests and documents applications software, including server, client, and web components. Contributes to the design and delivery of technical architecture solution components. Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• 8+ years of overall experience. (With at least 2+ years as application transformation SME)
• In-depth knowledge of at least one major cloud platform (AWS, Azure, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry and GCP).
• Prior experience in delivering application transformation to cloud for large enterprises..
• Preferable to have experience in installing application middleware and application servers
• Desirable experience on working with containers and migration of application workloads into container platforms.
• Aware of cloud migration design patterns & use cases for cloud migration.
• Adoption of standards / best practices for application migration
• Good exposure to deploying and maintaining applications on either Java-J2ee / Microsoft NET
• Cloud Technologies : Docker Swarm / Kubernetes || Ansible / Chef / Puppet || Jenkins / Concourse / Atlassian / Bamboo
• Java J2EE Technologies: JSP, SPRING, REST API, HIBERNATE, STRUTS
• Microsoft Technologies: ASP.NET, REST API, WEBAPI, IIS, ACTIVE-DIRECTORY
• Database : ORACLE OR POSTGRES OR MYSQL OR MICROSOFT SQL SERVER.
• Certifications: Desirable, certification on at least one cloud platform i.e. AWS / Azure / OpenShift / CF or GCP
Analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills at multiple product
Communication skills to communicate with application developers, customers, support personnel and management
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities