DXC Technology Technology Consultant IV in New Orleans, Louisiana
DXC Analytics group is looking to hire Information Solution Architects, specifically in the Azure space.
The primary role of the Information Solution Architect is to lead the strategy and implementation for the end-to-end solution by taking into consideration the client’s business case, objectives, requirements, and constraints, utilizing DXC and customer’s technology value systems as the foundation for solution development. The technical domain of the Information Solution Architect includes all technical aspects of the solutions including data integration, data architecture, information delivery and analytics, infrastructure, testing, technical standards, best practices, tools and technologies, security, and technical oversight of architecture, design, development, capacity planning, performance tuning, and technical administration. The successful candidate would be expected to be multi-disciplined (have breadth), and depth in information strategies, solution alternatives and technical strategies.
Must have a thorough understanding of Big Data and Data Warehousing Architectures and Concepts. Must have used a variety of Databases and other data sources and targets, including at least one Massively Parallel environment (examples: Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, PDW). Experience in Vertica, Hadoop and NoSQL databases is an advantage. Must be proficient in scripting languages, including at least one of (Shell scripting, Perl, Python). Must be proficient in data modeling techniques. Must demonstrate the desire and ability to learn new skills and techniques. Must demonstrate the ability to understand working with data at large scale. Must demonstrate experience in at least one development methodology applicable to Business Intelligence space. Experience in Analytix Mapping Manager is beneficial.
Azure-focused Information Systems Architects will be responsible for architecting transformation and modernization of enterprise data solutions using AZURE cloud integrating native AZURE services and customized data technologies. A solid experience and understanding of considerations for large scale architecting, solutioning and operationalization of data warehouses, data lakes and analytics platforms on AZURE is a must. We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of technology skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to design right solutions with appropriate combination of Azure and custom technologies for deploying on Azure cloud.
Need demonstrated ability of effective verbal and written communication for internal (project team, peers) communications as well as client-facing communications.
Responsibilities include also
• As a lead architect, work with implementation teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data/analytics technologies on premise and cloud
• Create detailed target state technical, security, data and operational architecture and design blueprints incorporating modern data technologies and cloud data services demonstrating modernization value proposition
• Lead detail technical assessments of current state of enterprise data and architect a path to transformation into a modern data powered enterprise
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related area of study.
• 10+ years of IT experience preferred
Preferred Qualifications specifically in the Azure space
• Minimum 6 months of designing, building and operationalizing large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of Azure data and analytics services in combination with custom solutions - Spark, Azure Data Lake, HDInsights, SQL DW, DocumentDB, Search, Elastic Pool etc.
• Minimum 6 months of hands-on experience analyzing, re-architecting and re-platforming on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on Azure cloud using Azure/custom services
• Minimum 6 months of designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala etc.
• 6 months of hands-on experience designing and implementing data ingestion solutions on Azure using Azure native services or using custom approaches
• Minimum 6 months of architecting and implementing next generation data and analytics platforms on Azure cloud
• Minimum 6 months of designing and implementing data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on Azure cloud using Azure native or custom programming
• Minimum 6 months experience in performing detail assessments of current state data platforms and creating an appropriate transition path to Azure cloud
• Hands-on Azure experience with a minimum of 1 solutions designed and implemented at production scale
• 6 months of hands-on experience architecting and designing data lakes on Azure cloud, serving analytics and BI application integrations
• 6 months of experience in designing and optimizing data models on AZURE cloud using Azure data stores
• Minimum 6 months of experience integrating AZURE security services with AZURE data services for building secure data solutions
• Minimum 6 months of experience introducing and operationalizing self-service data preparation tools (e.g. Trifacta, Paxata) on AZURE
• Minimum 6 months architecting and implementing metadata management on Azure
• Architecting and implementing data governance and security for data platforms on Azure
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities